Houston is a happy place to be this weekend after an epic World Series win for our Astros. It feels fitting that this mood fill the city as we enter the holiday season. Today, I bring you five happy things to indulge in all the joy you can over the weekend.Continue Reading…
Happy weekend! I’m sending one of my best friends off to New York (bittersweet) and having my first dress try-on. Wish me luck, and enjoy these five links I found from around the web this week:
- Here’s why we’re all drawn to bodies of water when booking our travel.
- 11 photos sure to inspire you to invest more in your sofa situation.
- Add an avocado to the grill for your next outdoor dinner party.
- Taking tips from effortless French brides for my wedding.
- Pixar movies ranked. My favorite’s number fourteen.
I’m particularly excited for the wedding we have this weekend. The bride and I go way back to elementary school and several college besties are coming in town, so I can’t wait to see them. Especially with my news: I’m engaged! I couldn’t be happier and hope to share bits and pieces along the way with you here.
- Venmo may make you efficient and with-it, but does it also make you less generous and chivalrous?
- The not-so-fun part of being blonde is all the maintenance; protect your locks for the last stretch of summer.
- Restaurant staff tell all their wildest tales from waiting tables.
- I found my birthday flower personality read to be spot on. Is yours?
- If all the nutrition noise is making you drown, read this and be one-and-done.
PS: Don’t miss these sales. I’m still shopping for my new home, so wayfair and Joss & Main are first on my list.
Hi and a very happy Friday! I’m so thrilled to be staying put in Houston this weekend. I plan to find a proper place for everything in my new house, get a car wash and celebrate a good friend’s birthday here in town. What’s up with you? Enjoy these five finds from around the web!
- For all the coffee lovers, care to make your own batch of cold brew?
- Lots of people advocate for living by a personal mantra, but I prefer this idea of making several personal commandments to live by.
- This red raincoat is on sale and sort of necessary for the perpetual afternoon showers hitting Houston.
- My sis does abstract art! Shop her site or work with her on a custom commission.
- For all those still mourning the loss of Sex and the City, The Bold Type may cure your blues.
Fourth of July always comes right when we all need it. Summer boredom may have ensued for those of you with kids home from school, and adults are ready to be off duty for an extended weekend. Whether the American holiday takes you near or far, I hope it’s chock-full of summer fun. Five links as always!
- I’ve given in to the basket bag craze, and I’m glad to see Garance has too.
- A move forced me into a closet refresh, and it’s true: slimming down your wardrobe makes your most beloved items feel special again.
- The stock market 101. In other financial news, I highly recommend Betting on Zero, available on Netflix.
- The best cookbook for beginners who want to master the basics.
- Does food taste different when it has your full, undivided attention? This piece makes a convincing case for eating out alone.
It’s really getting hot where we are, which means all the more reason to stay inside or poolside. Be sure to read these links while you’re at it!
- They say this summer’s When Breath Becomes Air is The Bright Hour, which will tug at your heart strings just the same.
- I can’t wait for my full-screen iPhone 8 debuting this fall. Read five rumors that are hopefully true.
- A bowl makes almost any meal feel like comfort food. Read why this foodie appreciates the bowl fad.
- Five must-visits in Mexico that aren’t Cabo or even the trendier Tulum.
- Carolina Herrera’s spring resort collection is a classic circus color story. I’ll have #2 and #8, please!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend as always!
I’m in California again–this time, for work–and I’m so glad to be back. LZ’s snaps from Santa Barbara gave me the beach blues. Per usual, the links are not unrelated to what’s been on my mind this week–cooling down with iced coffee, coastal travels and being with girlfriends. Enjoy!
Which coffee camp are you in – can’t live with or without it? Goop gives us the real scoop on whether the bean is good for us.
I kept these packing tips in mind so not to stuff my whole closet into my carry-on.
If I have it my way, my honeymoon will be in Australia. If and when that happens, these Melbourne cafés will be on the tip top of my dining list.
A list to please all price points for those seeking beauty products their skin will feel comfortable in.
Do you “trouble talk” with your bestie? That, among other things, makes a close friend.
Have a happy weekend!
As an aunt to five nieces and seven nephews, I am reminded that school’s out for summer. I just booked a flight for a wedding in Colorado in July, and I can’t wait to escape the height of Houston’s summer heat for a breath of fresh mountain air. Travels aside, I hope you set time for getting lost in fun links, like these five! Enjoy.
- Would you rather have your weekend feel longer in the moment or looking back on Monday morning? See how you can succeed at both.
- LZ and I just may buy this millennial pink Chanel bag from Vintage Contessa and share it unless you beat us to it.
- Going on 25, I’ve crossed several of these ‘must-do in your twenties‘ items off already; I’ve learn a new sport (tennis!) and improved my wine knowledge with the help of Napa and Netflix. Next, I plan to raid my mom’s closet and gamble!
- For the futuristic foodie.
- I can’t get over Emmy Rossum’s custom Carolina Herrera bridal gown.
Have a great one!
Hi, everyone! I do my best to incorporate a well rounded list of links for those of you interested in all the things from interiors, food, wellness and whatever else. I hope you find something suited for you in today’s round-up.
- A tear-jerking tale of a bride who received the best wedding gift of all is also a testament to how we should live our lives during the most important moments.
- Your interior color story could say a lot about you. Mine’s yellow! What’s yours?
- I’ve been on Noble 31‘s email list to be the first to know when their first collection launches, so I wanted y’all to be filled in too. Their timeless tops are dreamt up by a team of sisters from Texas. Get one today!
- Clichés are cliché for a reason, and sometimes, the same holds true for tourist traps. These restaurant ones are actually worth it.
- Stretching may be the new cycle, and it makes a lot of sense why.
Have a fantastic weekend!
I’m currently bike riding along Venice Beach with two college besties en route to the adorable Rose Café. I can’t wait for this getaway to start my summer refreshed for all the fun that’s in store. Here are some weekend reads to help you get into R&R mode, especially all you moms who deserve it most.
If you can’t get to California any time soon, here are five spots to taste wine that aren’t Napa.
The breakfast of champions–eggs cooked in butter with a side of bacon–is believe it or not, good for you. Nutritionists explain why.
Here’s a case for no more homework, and it’s pretty convincing.
These kitchen windows will get you in the mood for al fresco dining starting now.
Happy Mother’s Day!