There’s such a stark contrast in the moods of this season. There’s the hurriedness of shopping for all your people, throwing and going to dinner parties and wrapping up all the loose ends of your year.Continue Reading…
I was inspired by my blogger bestie (who was inspired by Oprah) to list some of my favorite things in lieu of a list of the latest and greatest. It is, in fact, the first day of December, so it’s time to round out that Christmas list if you haven’t already.Continue Reading…
How are we all doing with Thanksgiving just under a week away? All you hostesses may be feeling harried, while all your guests are counting down the days. I may have signed up for one too many ‘friendsgivings,’ but I’m looking forward to all the fun that comes with them and of course, family time. Five links as always!
- Three of my coworkers ordered this black sweater, and I might be the fourth.
- Still undecided on your Thanksgiving dinner contribution? Problem solved.
- Find out when to buy and when to wait on that flight purchase.
- This tablescape makes me pine for holiday gatherings!
- This icy blue collar coat would look so elegant on anyone (and is on sale)!
Hi, friends! I’m trying to hold on tight to these days that have that holiday happiness without the chaos and jam-packed schedule that comes with the season. To do that, here’s a few things to occupy your weekend from the web.
- What a great color story on this striped sweater.
- A great read for embracing eating balance as we enter the holiday season.
- Muffins: reinvented.
- While leggings are Outdoor Voice’s ‘thing,’ I preferred the crop top I impulse ordered.
- Everyone has one of these; we just didn’t know there was a word for it.
Houston is a happy place to be this weekend after an epic World Series win for our Astros. It feels fitting that this mood fill the city as we enter the holiday season. Today, I bring you five happy things to indulge in all the joy you can over the weekend.Continue Reading…
I can barely believe it’s almost Halloween, and the holiday season is upon us. It finally feels like that outside, which makes me more in the mood for all things fall. That includes cozying up with good books (or articles!) like these. Enjoy the five and Go Astros!
- Sixteen new films to watch this fall.
- Are you eating Instagram for breakfast?
- Something (besides the Astros) Houstonians are jazzed about.
- Excited for my much-needed trim this weekend.
- This habit is so hard for me.
In lieu of the usual link round-up, I’m featuring five of my favorite fall sweaters I’ve found around the web. As an added bonus, all of these finds are under $100.Continue Reading…
The last days of summer were taxing to say the least. The despair within the cities affected by tragic events was contagious to those feeling the pain from afar. I pray we are looking towards better days to come. Below are five happy and inspiring links to brighten your spirits.
How to start October off on a good foot–even if it is Friday the 13th!
A podcast I’d listen to on repeat.
A joy jar may be the best thing to happen to any of us.
I have five years to get all these kinds of friends.
Things people have learned, the silly and the serious.
Last week, Shopbop saved me from having nothing to wear to a western cocktail wedding in Wyoming this weekend. This week, they had one of their best sales of the year, but it ends today, so grab the goods while the gettin’s good. See five faves below.
- Subtle statement earrings for color lovers.
- A cashmere cardigan for casual everyday comfort.
- Faux fur with fun texture.
- Medium-size hoops in three classic metallics.
- Love the beachy blue on this bag.
Happy shopping and saving!
The weekend! So glad you’re here. My plan consists of Thai take-out tonight, a cocktail tasting tomorrow and a massage Sunday morning. I’ve been holding onto a couple gift certificates, and I’m very ready to cash in on some relaxation. Enjoy these reads!
This helped me figure out what to wear to my first fall wedding next weekend in Wyoming.
What do your alarm habits say about you?
I’m on a Friends binge, so I was intrigued to read the one haircut ‘Rachel’ would never repeat.
Gossip Girl was a huge part of my high school self, so I enjoyed reminiscing as the show celebrates 10 years.
A salty twist on the classic crudité.