Today’s outfit didn’t quite make the suitcase cut. It’s so cold that if you’re not made of cashmere, fleece or faux fur, you’re sitting this trip out. It has however been on heavy rotation this fall and was perfect for a little stroll through Georgetown a few weeks ago.
Of all of this fall’s trends, velvet takes first prize. I’m having a major moment with all things velvet. I’ve pulled the trigger on this velvet top, these mules and most recently this blazer.
Today’s outfit reminds me of fall foilage with deep green velvet skinny pants and golden mules. I questioned the velvet on velvet and decided what the heck!
‘ve tried to resist temptation– to wait to post about Christmas until Thanksgiving got it’s turn. But I’m weak y’all. I blame the internet and Instagram, which are already all-in on all things Christmas. So as I come across outfits that I think would be festive, I’ll give y’all the deets. Christmas shopping is totally overwhelming, so let’s knock out the holiday attire to-do early, shall we?
Happy weekend! I’m sending one of my best friends off to New York (bittersweet) and having my first dress try-on. Wish me luck, and enjoy these five links I found from around the web this week:
- Here’s why we’re all drawn to bodies of water when booking our travel.
- 11 photos sure to inspire you to invest more in your sofa situation.
- Add an avocado to the grill for your next outdoor dinner party.
- Taking tips from effortless French brides for my wedding.
- Pixar movies ranked. My favorite’s number fourteen.
I’m in Estes Park this weekend for a wedding, and I’m pretty sold on summering in Colorado. For a Texan who is used to temperatures over 100, morning walks in the mountains and afternoon bike rides are absolute bliss. I hope you find yours this weekend!
- For pool and beach approved beverages, I’m getting on the canned cocktail bandwagon.
- NPR’s How I Built This podcast inspires with success stories from the people that started all the things we depend on like Instagram, Spanx and Zappo’s.
- Pink and green forever and ever and ever and ever please!
- This hotel is what South of France dreams are made of–pear orchard and sunflower gardens included.
- A true Southerner has eaten over half of these foods.
- A blush pink pair of Aussie aviators
- A high-neck black blouse for day to night
- A lipstick red card case for smaller bags
- An iridescent powder palette for luminous skin
- A high waisted pair of skinnies in a classic blue
It’s really getting hot where we are, which means all the more reason to stay inside or poolside. Be sure to read these links while you’re at it!
- They say this summer’s When Breath Becomes Air is The Bright Hour, which will tug at your heart strings just the same.
- I can’t wait for my full-screen iPhone 8 debuting this fall. Read five rumors that are hopefully true.
- A bowl makes almost any meal feel like comfort food. Read why this foodie appreciates the bowl fad.
- Five must-visits in Mexico that aren’t Cabo or even the trendier Tulum.
- Carolina Herrera’s spring resort collection is a classic circus color story. I’ll have #2 and #8, please!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend as always!
I’m in California again–this time, for work–and I’m so glad to be back. LZ’s snaps from Santa Barbara gave me the beach blues. Per usual, the links are not unrelated to what’s been on my mind this week–cooling down with iced coffee, coastal travels and being with girlfriends. Enjoy!
Which coffee camp are you in – can’t live with or without it? Goop gives us the real scoop on whether the bean is good for us.
I kept these packing tips in mind so not to stuff my whole closet into my carry-on.
If I have it my way, my honeymoon will be in Australia. If and when that happens, these Melbourne cafés will be on the tip top of my dining list.
A list to please all price points for those seeking beauty products their skin will feel comfortable in.
Do you “trouble talk” with your bestie? That, among other things, makes a close friend.
Have a happy weekend!
As an aunt to five nieces and seven nephews, I am reminded that school’s out for summer. I just booked a flight for a wedding in Colorado in July, and I can’t wait to escape the height of Houston’s summer heat for a breath of fresh mountain air. Travels aside, I hope you set time for getting lost in fun links, like these five! Enjoy.
- Would you rather have your weekend feel longer in the moment or looking back on Monday morning? See how you can succeed at both.
- LZ and I just may buy this millennial pink Chanel bag from Vintage Contessa and share it unless you beat us to it.
- Going on 25, I’ve crossed several of these ‘must-do in your twenties‘ items off already; I’ve learn a new sport (tennis!) and improved my wine knowledge with the help of Napa and Netflix. Next, I plan to raid my mom’s closet and gamble!
- For the futuristic foodie.
- I can’t get over Emmy Rossum’s custom Carolina Herrera bridal gown.
Have a great one!