There’s such a stark contrast in the moods of this season. There’s the hurriedness of shopping for all your people, throwing and going to dinner parties and wrapping up all the loose ends of your year.Continue Reading…
I was inspired by my blogger bestie (who was inspired by Oprah) to list some of my favorite things in lieu of a list of the latest and greatest. It is, in fact, the first day of December, so it’s time to round out that Christmas list if you haven’t already.Continue Reading…
Hey guys! We’re still shopping til’ we drop over here on L. Avenue! Wanted to give y’all a recap of all of the best sales we’ve found with discount codes to make your Christmas shopping super efficient! We’re starting with our favorite sales first aka site wide discounts, and listing some other big sales in terms of additional % off too!
GAP | 50% off sitewide with code BLKFRIDAY
Ann Taylor | 50% off everything with code GO PINK
J. Crew | 40% off sitewide *exclusions apply
Bauble Bar | 35% off holiday goodies with code VIP35
ASOS | 30% off sitewide with code EPIC30
Kate Spade | 30% off everything with code GIVEJOY
Joie | 25% off sitewide
Wisteria | 25% off sitewide
Madewell | 25% off sitewide with code DONTSTRESS
Alice + Olivia | 25% off your purchase
Serena & Lily | 20% off everything
Mark + Graham | 20% off entire purchase with code FRIENDS
Shopbop | 20% off orders of $200 | 25% off ordered of $500 | 30% off orders of $800
Bloomingdales | 20% off if you spend $200
Nordstrom | Extra 20% off select sale items
Net-a-Porter | up to 50% off
Bergdorf’s | 40% off Designer sale
Intermix | $50 off purchase of $250
Neiman Marcus | $50 off your $200 regular price purchase
Moda Operandi | Designer Sale code 30Extra
Banana Republic | 50% off entire site
Tumi | up to 40% off select
Revolve | up to 60% off select styles
Wayfair | up to 80% off
West Elm | up to 30% off
Horchow | save up to 40% off select items + free shipping
Potterybarn Kids | 20% off
Vineyard Vines | 25% off code Holiday17
Lands’ End | 50% off order code FROST
How are we all doing with Thanksgiving just under a week away? All you hostesses may be feeling harried, while all your guests are counting down the days. I may have signed up for one too many ‘friendsgivings,’ but I’m looking forward to all the fun that comes with them and of course, family time. Five links as always!
- Three of my coworkers ordered this black sweater, and I might be the fourth.
- Still undecided on your Thanksgiving dinner contribution? Problem solved.
- Find out when to buy and when to wait on that flight purchase.
- This tablescape makes me pine for holiday gatherings!
- This icy blue collar coat would look so elegant on anyone (and is on sale)!
Thanksgiving is the perfect time to reflect on our blessings. What are you thankful for this holiday season? I’m thankful for so much, it’s pretty amazing the blessings that God has given me, the greatest blessing of all is my family of 5. This past year has been a whirlwind adding another child to our tribe. Our new normal has been a completely chaotic, but awesome adventure that I’m thankful to experience every day.
I’m so excited for this evening’s trick-or-treat festivities!! My neighborhood goes ALL OUT for Halloween, the hood is chalk full of little kids and neighbors put a lot of effort into decorating and making Halloween super special for everybody. There’s even a full scale haunted house a few streets down where people from all over the city come to see. We’re heading to block parties and out and about with our Wizard of Oz crew tonight! My Dad is here and the girls thought he’d make the perfect Scarecrow, grandparents are such good sports! Not featured, the hubby who will make his debut as the yellow brick road after work today.
Happy Halloween y’all!Continue Reading…
I can barely believe it’s almost Halloween, and the holiday season is upon us. It finally feels like that outside, which makes me more in the mood for all things fall. That includes cozying up with good books (or articles!) like these. Enjoy the five and Go Astros!
- Sixteen new films to watch this fall.
- Are you eating Instagram for breakfast?
- Something (besides the Astros) Houstonians are jazzed about.
- Excited for my much-needed trim this weekend.
- This habit is so hard for me.
The weekend! So glad you’re here. My plan consists of Thai take-out tonight, a cocktail tasting tomorrow and a massage Sunday morning. I’ve been holding onto a couple gift certificates, and I’m very ready to cash in on some relaxation. Enjoy these reads!
This helped me figure out what to wear to my first fall wedding next weekend in Wyoming.
What do your alarm habits say about you?
I’m on a Friends binge, so I was intrigued to read the one haircut ‘Rachel’ would never repeat.
Gossip Girl was a huge part of my high school self, so I enjoyed reminiscing as the show celebrates 10 years.
A salty twist on the classic crudité.
Happy weekend! I’m sending one of my best friends off to New York (bittersweet) and having my first dress try-on. Wish me luck, and enjoy these five links I found from around the web this week:
- Here’s why we’re all drawn to bodies of water when booking our travel.
- 11 photos sure to inspire you to invest more in your sofa situation.
- Add an avocado to the grill for your next outdoor dinner party.
- Taking tips from effortless French brides for my wedding.
- Pixar movies ranked. My favorite’s number fourteen.
Fourth of July always comes right when we all need it. Summer boredom may have ensued for those of you with kids home from school, and adults are ready to be off duty for an extended weekend. Whether the American holiday takes you near or far, I hope it’s chock-full of summer fun. Five links as always!
- I’ve given in to the basket bag craze, and I’m glad to see Garance has too.
- A move forced me into a closet refresh, and it’s true: slimming down your wardrobe makes your most beloved items feel special again.
- The stock market 101. In other financial news, I highly recommend Betting on Zero, available on Netflix.
- The best cookbook for beginners who want to master the basics.
- Does food taste different when it has your full, undivided attention? This piece makes a convincing case for eating out alone.